- Service name and description
Aerodrome Deviation / Exemption
- Specific Conditions
The PACA may exempt, in writing, an aerodrome operator from complying with specific provisions of CAR 139. The deviation / exemption process requires an aeronautical study or a risk assessment to be carried out by the aerodrome operator when submitting the request.
- Applicable for Customers
Aerodrome operator / Companies
- Service provider
Aerodrome Safety Department
- Application: written application shall be submitted to PACA (DGCAR) at least 30 days before the date of intended service provision
- Review: On receipt of a request for a deviation / exemption, the PACA will review the documents submitted in order to assess safety implication of such deviation or exemption request. If PACA request further modification or amendment to a document, it will be communicated to the aerodrome operator.
- Approval or Rejection for Exemption: DGCAR will inform by letter the approval or rejection of the deviation or exemption requested. If a deviation or exemption is granted DGCAR, the approval letter must be incorporated in to the aerodrome manual and AIP.
- Required Documents
An applicant for an aerodrome certificate shall submit to PACA:
- Written Letter
- Risk assessment or Aeronautical Study
- Fees & Payment Mechanism
- Application fees: free
- Time Consumed
- Not less than 30 days before the date of intended service provision