Aircraft Maintenance License (AML)
- Issuance, renewal and extension of aircraft engineers licenses.
- Service is requested by airline companies for aircraft engineers to practice the profession according to specific requirements.
2. Service stages brief description
- Making sure that the request complies with PACA requirements.
- Conducting Legislation exam (covers CAL,CAR,CAN).
- Applicant may be required to do an oral examination if the DGCAR finds it necessary.
- Applicant may Set for modules exam in case of lacking to few of them.
- Paying the imposed fees prior to exam.
3. Service provider
Directorate of Flight Safety – Airworthiness Department
4. Service related information
- The average required time to provide the service depends on receiving of foreign license verification sent officially by DGCAR.
- Resit exam after one month, in case of three exams failure should sit for exam after 6 months pass mark : 80%.
5. Service required documents
- Letter from the employer.
- Authenticated recent medical certificate.
- A copy of foreign AME license.
- Attain at least 21 years.
- Passport copy.
- Service application form. (Form AML 82-4) or (Form AML 82-5).
- 2x current photographs blue background.
6. Service fees
35 Omani Rials
170 Omani Rials
- Application should comply with (CAR 66 in terms of specific syllabus, hours and duration) and (CAR 147 in terms of approved training organization) requirements.
- Two years practical training gathered in bulk experience sheets and covered ATA Chapters in Line/base AMO and attested by them.
8. Complains and grievance
Visit flight safety directorate during working hours in the event of non-issuance of the license.